In the course of the International Building Exhibition INTERBAU in Berlin in 1957, the Haus der Kulturen der Welt was born. The Congress House is the contribution of the United States of America by architect Hugh Stubbins. In the Cold War dispute, the contribution should be considered a symbol of a beacon of freedom. The building was built on an artificial hill so that the communist East could see it.
After one year of construction, the US government handed over the congress hall to the city of Berlin. Since 1989, the Congress Hall has been used as the headquarters of the House of World Cultures.

Ein Kommentar

Kommentare sind geschlossen.